If you are a parent organization and have multiple sub-organizations that report to you, student categories can be helpful in managing the student load.
Allow advisors in a parent organization to work with students in a sub organization (or franchise).
1. Admin advisor creates a student category in a parent organization (ie. "Needs Essay Help")
2. Admin advisor adds another advisor in his organization to the new category (ie. "Bob")
Bob was not an admin advisor, and the parent organization did not allow peer access, so Bob did not have access to any students in the organization. Bob is the essay expert for the entire organization. Adding Bob to the "Needs Essay Help" category will give him full access to any student that is added to that category.
3. Admin advisor allows sub-organization access to this category.
This will allow the specified sub-organization (ie. "Kentucky Franchise") to add students in their sub-org to the student category that was created in the parent organization, and therefore giving Bob access to those students.
4. On the parent organization's My Students page, the admin advisor (or advisor with access) can add students from the parent organization to the Needs Essay Help student category.
5. On the sub-organizations My Students page (advisor from Kentucky Franchise is logged in), the advisor can add students from their location to the Needs Essay Help student category.
Who will I be able to email?
From Parent Organization
Advisors at the parent organization will be able to copy advisors on messages, assignments & appointments if they meet the following criteria:
- If peer access is allowed at the parent organization, then any advisor at the parent organization can be copied.
- If peer access is not allowed at the parent organization, only parent organization advisors that are added to a category the student is in can be copied on messages, assignments & appointments.
- The student's primary advisor in a sub-organization can be copied
- Sub-organization advisors with peer access to the selected student can be copied
From a sub-organization (franchise/office)
Advisors at a sub-organization level will be able to copy advisors on messages, assignments & appointments if they meet the following criteria:
- If peer access is allowed at the sub-organization, then any advisor at the sub-organization can be copied
- Advisors who have been added to a student category that the selected student is in can be copied