Advisors have a few options for keeping notes related to a specific college. These tabs are seen on the college information detail screens. The Organization Notes can also be reached directly from the Advisor Shortcuts submenu (under your name in the upper right) in the Colleges section.
- Organization Note (in CollegeNotes tab) - Organization notes are visible to all student, connections and advisors in the organization. These notes will be labeled with the organization name and be available on the College Information profile and in the College Information Report. The organization note can be updated by any advisor that has administrative permissions.
- Your Note (in CollegeNotes tab) - These private notes stay between you and advisors - students and connections do NOT see these.
- Discuss tab - This tab is shared with one student and their connections. This discuss tab only shows up if the college is on the student's list.
Organization College Notes
Where to find the Organization College Notes
Organization College Notes can be accessed from two places:
- My Account - College Configuration tab
- College Information Profile page
1. My Account - College Configuration tab
When on My Account, select the "College Configuration" tab and view the College Specific Notes section on the right-hand side.
How to update the Organization College Notes - from My Account
Create notes for a new college by clicking the "Create Notes for a Different College" button and then typing the name or key parts of the college name and then select the full college name from the dropdown that appears with matches.
Once the college name is selected, the organization and advisors notes sections are shown. Enter in the notes and click on save.
To modify notes for a college, select it from the list and click "Modify Selected College Notes". Names and dates of when the information was last updated will be displayed. Update the sections and click on save.
2. College Information Profile page.
The college information profile page can be opened from a student's My College page or List Summary page. Select the "i" info icon next to the college name.
The college information profile page can also be opened by typing in a college name in the quick search box on the top menu.
The "College Notes" tab opens in a new browser tab.
How to update the Organization College Notes - from College Information Profile
Click the "College Notes" tab to view and modify the current organization and advisors notes. Names and dates of when the information was last updated can be viewed.
Organization College Notes can be updated by any administrator advisor (see Organization Information under My Account to verify or update an advisor's permissions).
Every advisor can add their own notes in "Your Notes" and see when they were last updated.
Any advisor can see (but not modify) the notes of other advisors in their organization.
Be sure to SAVE all updates using the blue button at the bottom of the screen. You may need to scroll to see the button in some cases.
Where do students and connections see the Organization College Notes?
Student, connections and all advisors will see the Organization Note in the College Information page and College Information Report after the College Synopsis. The new section is labeled with the organization's name.
A second place that users, including students and connections, can see the organization college notes is from the college list. An icon in the lower left hand corner of a college is available if a college note has been added for the school.
The organization college notes are also available on the College Information Report.