In GuidedPath, the advisor creates the student account and initiates the registration process for the student. Once the student receives their registration email, they can use the “Get Started” button to create a username and password. Advisors can begin working with students immediately - there is no need to wait for a student to complete the registration process before getting started! Once the student registers, they will be able to log in themselves and work with their account.
Sample registration email:
The advisor can create three types of accounts: advisors, students, or connections. Connections are either family or other connections such as coach, tutor, friend, teacher, consultant, etc.
How do I add Advisors, Students and Connections into Guided Path?
Click here for instructions on how to add users and details on the types of user accounts.
Click here for video instructions.
Working with a new student (already registered)
Click here for an overview of the student Dashboard.
Click here for a video overview of Guidedpath for your students! (good overview video to send to your students)
If your student is having trouble getting on GuidedPath, you will need to determine if they have completed the registration process and may just need help with a username or password, or if they have not made it through the registration process.
How do I tell if my student is registered or not?
Click here for instructions to determine if a student has registered.
My student did not receive my registration email!
- Advisors are copied on registration emails, these can be forwarded to students
- Have the student check their spam folder!
- Verify the student’s email - check for typos
- If needed, Advisors can resend the registration email - click here for directions
If a user tries to register, but has already registered, they will receive the following message:
Have the student reset their password by following these instructions.
A Note on Passwords
Strong Passwords are required of all users
- Must contain at least 8 characters
- Must contain a number and special character
- Password copying/sharing is strongly discouraged
Forgotten Username or Password?
- Passwords are NOT stored in the database and are not retrievable by anyone, including GuidedPath Support
- If any user forgets a username or password, they can retrieve or reset their information by following the instructions here.