If your parent or student's connection is unable to complete a survey this is because their "Role" has been set to "Supporter".
In GuidedPath, you have the option to make a parent or connection a "Supporter" or a "Contributor". This option is first displayed when creating the account:
A Supporter has "view only" access. They can look at a student's record but they can not make any updates or changes.
A Contributor has "view-and-edit" access to GuidedPath, this allows them to take a survey or input data into the student record.
If you have already created a parent account as a Supporter it is very easy to change them to a Contributor, follow these steps:
1. First open the student record associated with the parent.
2. Go to the student's profile
3. Click on the "Student's Family" accordion to view the parent's profile
4. Click edit in the top right corner of the parent profile and scroll down the page to the "Account Information" section
5. Find "Role" and select "Contributor". Make sure to click "Save" when done
That's it! Your parent will now be able to complete a survey.