Add a New Student & update profile (short Video)
Prefer screenshots and step by step instructions over a video? View written instructions on adding a new student, here.
Update the Student's Information in their Profile
After you add the student's information, select the "Create and Go To Profile" to work with the new student.
Once your student is in the system you will want to start with the following best practices:
1. Verify the student profile and update any information: Once the student is in the system, you will want to go to the "My Students" page and select them to work with. Click on their place holder picture in the top left hand corner. Make sure that their information is correct and add any additional details. You can also upload a photo for them if you choose.
Important fields to update:
- Application Year
- Cell phone number and cell phone provider
- Identify if they are an undergraduate student/international student etc.
IMPORTANT: Make sure their time zone is correct!
2. Verify that their connections are set up: Also in the student profile (to get there, select the student to work with and then click on their picture in the top left hand corner) you will find additional accordions for the student connections. You may need to close the student accordion to see them. You can add in additional connections and verify that their information is correct.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the connections time zones are correct! Also make sure that the connection you want to get reminders have a delivery method specified in the notifications section.
Here's a video that shows how to navigate the profiles
3. You may also want to leave a message on the student's dashboard so that the dashboard isn't completely empty the first time they log in.
Add a group of students to GuidedPath
Have a large group of students to add? Add your student data to our spreadsheet template. Send the completed template to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do the work for you!