Broadcast emails can be sent when a group of students is in session. To enter group mode there are three options:
1. Login and view the Advisor Homepage. This automatically brings you into group mode with your default students in session. Click on an app year to quickly change the students in session.
1. From the Advisor Shortcuts submenu, (under your name in the upper right) go to the "Analyze My Student Information" Section and click on show more. From here you can click on create broadcast messages. This will take you to the group dashboard with includes the messaging tool. By default all your active students that are assigned to are included. If you'd like to send a message to a different subset of students choose option 2.
2. Click on the My Students icon on the top menu to list all your students. Use the filters at the top of the screen to search for the students you'd like to send your message to (for example you can filter on application year). You will then check the boxes next to the students who should be included (not including your test student Andy Awesome). You can use the "all" button at the top of the check box column to choose everyone in your search results. Then click on select group at the bottom. You will be brought to the group dashboard by default.
From the multi-student dashboard, an advisor can send a message with an optional attachment to the group of selected students and/or the students' connections. Messaging works similarly in group mode to the messaging for a single student except for a couple of differences:
- The messages posted cannot be replied to for reasons of confidentiality - to ensure a student or connection does not broadcast out to the group that received the message.
- If an advisor wants to update a group message, a new message should be created.
- The red broadcast symbol identifies to advisors, students and connections that the message was sent to a group. The recipients of the message in the "To" lightbox are not provided for group messages so only the advisor can see who received the group message from the multi-student dashboard.