After the free trial period expires, accounts will be invoiced and paid monthly or yearly, depending on the type of account. Payments will be made from the credit card on file and an invoice will be sent via email to the billing contact.
Billing information can be viewed by administrative advisors by selecting My Account in the dropdown under the advisor picture, or initial, on the top menu on any page. The billing tab shows the billing contact, the current billing plan and the counts of active students. The billing contact can also update the credit card on file or change the billing contact.
Active students counts follow these guidelines:
- Each student will remain active for a minimum of 30 days. If a student is archived within the first 30 days after being added, the student will still count as active for one billing period.
- Deleted students are not included in billing counts.
- Prospects, active and archived, are not included in billing counts.
As an account approaches a new plan level when new students are added, warning messages will be displayed to the user adding the student and emails will be sent to the billing contact. The payment amount is determined by the current billing plan on the invoice date.
Additional notes on billing:
- Student records should be archived when all historical information for the student is captured and a student login is no longer needed. An archived student will NOT count for billing purposes yet all student information is still available for review and reporting. No information can be modified. Correspondence to the student can continue.
- Contact support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if an archived student needs to be converted back to an active student.
- Students can be started as prospects to not be included in billing until they need a login or start using surveys, tests, colleges, applications or decisions. Prospects can be converted into an active student.
- As students are added and archived, the plan level may fluctuate each payment period if an account is near a boundary.
- If a credit card expires, warning emails will be sent to the billing contact and then the account will be deactivated.