Advisors can create three types of users:
3) Student connections (parents, coaches, etc.)
Users can be added from the following areas:
My Account -> User Management
Student Profile (connections only)
Add from My Account
To add users, advisors select My Account under their picture, or initial, on the top menu of any page.
On the User Management tab, select the appropriate "create" button to get to the Create New User pop-up.
Create New GuidedPath User
Add from the Advisor Homepage
Users can also be added using the "add a new user" link on the Advisor Homepage:
Add the Student's parent or connection while on a student profile
The easiest method to add a parent or connection to a student is to open the student's profile. Put the student in session and then click on their picture to open the profile. Click on the Family tab or Other Connections tab based on who you want to add. Then click "+ Add Family" and finally the blue "Create new family user."
You will get a pop-up to create a new user.
Input the email, first name and last name.
Choose the role of the connection
- Supporter - will have read-only permission on the student's record.
- Contributor - will be able to update the student's record, including the ability to take surveys,
The student should be selected by default.
Select the correct Relationship - which determines which category the new user is viewed on the Profile. Student's Family will include mother, father, sister, brother, stepmother, stepfather, stepsister, stepbrother and other-family. Students Connections will include coach, tutor, friend, teacher, consultant and other-connection.
and check/uncheck the "send registration email. Click Create.
Additional Info required when creating users
The Create New User screen requires the type of user, email, first name and last name of the new user and the following additional inputs:
- For Role, decide if the new user should be an Administrator, Supporter or a Contributor. A subset of these options may be available for certain new user types. Select the information icon next to this user type field for more details at any time. Supporters can only view the student's record and a Contributor or Admin can provide inputs.
- For Students, select the Primary Advisor and Status. The Status can be Active or Prospect. An active student is included in the count of students for billing purposes and has full access to all features of the system. A prospect is not included in billing, cannot log into the system and does not have access to the surveys, tests, colleges, applications or decisions.
- Check the registration box if you want the user to have a login to their GuidedPath account created right away. If you check this box, then an email will be sent to the new user with registration and access information. If you do not check it, a registration email can be sent at a later date by following these instructions.