Select My Account
To add users, advisors should select My Account under their picture, or initial, on the top menu of any page. By default, the User Management tab will display.
From the User Management page, advisors can create three types of users:
3) Student connections (parents, coaches, etc.)
Select the type of new user to be created to get to the Create New User screen.
Create New User
The Create New User screen requires an email, first name and last name of the new user and the following additional inputs:
- For Role, decide if the new user should be an Administrator, Supporter or a Contributor. A subset of these options may be available for certain new user types. Select the information icon next to this user type field for more details at any time. Supporters can only view the student's record and a Contributor can provide inputs.
- For Students, select the Primary Advisor and Status. The Status can be Active or Prospect. An active student is included in the count of students for billing purposes and has full access to all features of the system. A prospect is not included in billing, cannot log into the system and does not have access to the surveys, tests, colleges, applications or decisions.
- For Advisors, select the organization that the advisor will be in if the organization has more than one tier.
- For Student Connections, select the student that the new connection will be related to and a relationship, which determines which category the new user is viewed on the Profile. Student's Family will include mother, father, sister, brother, stepmother, stepfather, stepsister, stepbrother and other-family. Students Connections will include coach, tutor, friend, teacher, consultant and other-connection.
- Check the registration box if you want the user to have a login to their GuidedPath account created right away. If you check this box, then an email will be sent to the new user with registration and access information. If you do not check it, a registration email can be sent at a later date by following these instructions.