After signing up for your GuidedPath account, follow these steps to prepare your account for use.
- UPDATE ORGANIZATION INFORMATION: Click on your picture/initial and then My Account from the dropdown in the top menu.
- UPDATE ORGANIZATION LOGO: In this same area, you can upload your logo. The logo must meet size requirements. If you need assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ADD LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE: Just above where your logo gets updated, you will also find a unique link that you can provide to your students and families on your website to log into their accounts. For more information on adding GuidedPath to your website click here.
- UPDATE ADVISOR INFORMATION: On the left you will see various sections. Click on Advisor Information to update all your personal contact information. You will want to make sure your timezone is updated since by default all your students will adopt your timezone. Your signature in emails that are sent on your behalf will include your advisor name, email and primary phone number.
- UPDATE ADVISOR PICTURE: On the advisor profile you can also update your profile picture. It also needs to meet size requirements so if you have trouble you can contact email@example.com. Each advisor in your practice will need to update their profile.
- ADD ADVISORS: There is a section on the left called User Management. Click into that section and then on the advisors link under the "Create New Users" title. This will allow you to create accounts for each additional advisor. They will all need to register and verify their profiles. Advisors should be added before students so that students can be assigned to the correct advisor as they are created
- ADD STUDENTS: In the same section you can add students one by one. If you'd like to upload students in bulk, we have a spreadsheet option. To discuss that option please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- ADD CREDIT CARD: In the Billing Information section you will want to add your credit card to make sure you have uninterrupted service.
- For assistance with advanced configuration settings please contact email@example.com
Advanced Set up:
- ADJUST NOTIFICATION DEFAULTS: In the Organization Configuration Section you have the ability to set default notification settings for your students and connections. This will apply to any new student or connection that is added. For more information click here.
- ADJUST DEFAULT MILESTONES: Also in the Organization Configuration Section you can adjust the milestones that will appear on every application plan for every student moving forward. For more information click here.
- CUSTOMIZE DASHBOARD RESOURCES: The Resource links on the student dashboard can be customized for your organization to include things like organization website, documents for all students loaded in Dropbox, favorite college websites, etc. For more information click here.
- ADD or REMOVE SURVEYS: Customize the surveys available to student or add new surveys. For more information click here.
- ADD CUSTOM TAGGED LISTS: Add your own custom lists of colleges to allow you and your families to search and compare using these lists or just see what list each college belongs to.
Other related articles: