This section provides a summary view of the application options, in addition to whether a school will accept the Common Application (CA), the Coalition App or the Universal College App (UCA). The My Application column shows the application option selected for the student in the Application Plan.
The application type options include:
- Priority or Regular Admissions
- EA1: Early Action 1
- EA2: Early Action 2
- REA: Restricted Early Action
- ED1: Early Decision 1
- ED2: Early Decision 2
For transfer students, the deadlines for Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer sessions are provided for both Regular (Reg) and Priority (Pri) applicants.
Deadlines dates are kept as current as possible, but should still be checked for accuracy, particularly due to potential changes by the colleges. A link to help check the dates is available for some of the colleges in the very right hand column along with the date that the deadlines were last updated by GuidedPath.
Application Plan Details
Schools in the College Deadlines are displayed in alphabetical order. Select a row and then click the Edit Plan Details blue button to create, view, and edit the application plan.
The first time a plan is created it will have a template, or default set, of milestones.. This template should be used as a starting point and assumes a regular application submittal. The template that is used is based on the college specific milestones, if they are defined for the selected college, otherwise the organization default milestones.
Some basic adjustments that can be used to customize the application plan:
- Change the application type from the default Regular admissions to another application type. The application type options and deadlines available for the selected college will be shown in the dropdown. The application type displays as My Application on the College Deadlines page. Changing the application type also updates the college and student deadlines in the milestones grid.
- Mark the plan as ready, or complete, and schedule reminders.
- Specify a student deadline (different from school deadlines)
- Identify key milestones.
- Reset the milestones to defaults**
- Click Done to return to the previous screen
** When choosing to reset the milestones to defaults, if a college has a college-specific set of milestones defined, those will be used, otherwise the organization defaults will be used.
Some more advanced features that can be used to expedite the overall definition of application plans:
- Mark all milestones in the application plan as complete. Although the Progress pages can also be used for selecting a group of milestones to mark as complete, you can also do it right on the application plan.
- Save as college default - used to save the student's custom application as the college's default to be used in the future for all students. View the customize college-specific app plans article for more details.
- Apply to all incomplete plans - this allows a plan customized for one college to be copied to all other colleges for the current student.
Special processing is done to specify the Common Application for all schools that are identified as Common App Schools. If you have multiple schools that have similar application plans (particularly groups of schools like Apply Texas, University of California, or Florida), then you can use the checkbox at the bottom of the page, Apply to Student's Unaccepted Plans, to copy a plan from one school to a group of other schools.
Customize the Milestones
The milestones can be customized for each student for each college. The application notes and college information provided above the Milestones grid can be used to help determine what milestones are required. Milestones can be updated individually or as a group by selecting multiple rows and then the Edit Selected Milestones button. Similarly, milestones can be deleted individually or as a group.
For faster processing, use the Previous and Next buttons on the upper right hand corner to quickly navigate to the next college on the student's list.
Article is closed for comments.