The Student Profile accordions have view information about all users that have access to a student record. New users can be added and connected to the student record as well.
The Student Profile captures key information about the student that will be for multiple purposes:
- Personal information that is useful for both the college planning process and is also required by many college applications. Having all this information in one place makes completing the application much quicker and more efficient.
- Academic information that is useful both for completing college applications and also affects the application planning process. If a student is identified as a Transfer student, the application plans will be based on the college's transfer dates.
- Financial Information - the student's FM EFC can be entered here if the EFC Calculator Survey has not been completed. Click here for more information.
- The student's picture. Click here for information about uploading a picture in the correct size.
- Account information about access to GuidedPath. This section is used to make a student's account Inactive.
- The time zone of the student.
The Primary Advisor is the single user that is the primary contact for the student. Other users can view the contact information for this advisor and the associated organization.
Other Advisors are in the same organization as the Primary Advisor and may also work with the student. The last two sections for Students Family and Student Connections provide a directory of others that can view or contribute to the students record.
- Students Family allows parents or other family or guardians to have an account to view or contribute.
- Student Connections are not family members but others that have access to the students record (ex. sports coach).
HOW TO ADD A STUDENT CONNECTION OR FAMILY MEMBER
To add a new user with access to a student's record, open either the Student's Family or Student's Connections accordion. Select the "Add New or Existing" tab if it is not the first user in the category. If this is the first user in the category, then the "Add New or Existing" tab is the default tab.
Two choices are available to add a new user.
- If the new users that will be added to the student's record already has a GuidedPath account, then select the first link for "Associate with an existing connection". For example, this will be the case for a parent that already has one GuidedPath student and the parent will then be able to see multiple students from within their one account. First enter the username of the existing account and then select the "Associate with existing connection".
- If the new user does not yet have a GuidedPath account, then select "Create new student connection" to create a new account.
- Decide if the new user should be a Supporter or a Contributor. Select the information icon for more details, but in general a Supporter can only view the student's record and a Contributor can provide inputs.
- Select a relationship, which determines which category the new user is viewed on the Profile. Student's Family will include mother, father, sister, brother, stepmother, stepfather, stepsister, stepbrother and other-family. Students Connections will include coach, tutor, friend, teacher, consultant and other-connection.
- Uncheck the registration box if you do NOT want the user to have a login to their GuidedPath account. If you leave this box checked, then an email will be sent to the new user with registration and access information.