The Student Profile has information about all users (students, family and connections) that are on a student record. New users can be added and connected to the student from the Student Profile.
Click on the student's picture - or on the pencil icon next to their name while on the student dashboard - to open up the student profile.
The Student Profile captures key information about the student that will be for multiple purposes (scroll down to view all of the following):
- Account information about GuidedPath like username and GuidedPath ID number. You can also see if the account is registered (whether or not the student has logged in) and you can resend the registration email if the student has not yet registered.
- The Advisor is the single user that is the primary contact for the student. Other Advisors in the same organization as the Primary Advisor may also work with the student.
- Personal information that is useful for both the college planning process and is also required by many college applications. Having all this information in one place makes completing the application much quicker and more efficient.
- The student's picture. Click here for information about uploading a picture in the correct size.
- Academic information that is useful both for completing college applications and also affects the application planning process. If a student is identified as a Transfer student, the application plans will be based on the college's transfer dates.
- Financial Information - the student's FM EFC can be entered here if the EFC Calculator Survey has not been completed. Click here for more information.
- Find My Spark - the student's Find My Spark personality code can be entered here if the survey has not been completed.
Two other tabs for Family and Other Connections provide a directory of others that can view or contribute to the students record.
- Family allows parents or other family or guardians to have an account to view or contribute.
- Student Connections are not family members but others that have access to the students record (ex. sports coach).
HOW TO ADD A FAMILY MEMBER OR OTHER CONNECTION
To add a new user with access to a student's record, click on the tab for either Family or Other Connections. The click the "+ Add Family" (or + Add Other Connection) tab on the next line down.
Two choices are available:
1. "Create a New Family User" to create a brand new family account
2. "Associate Existing Family User" to connect an existing family member account to this student (i.e. This student is the younger sibling of another GuidedPath student. The older sibling already has Parent Connections and you want to associate those existing parent accounts with the younger sibling).
When Creating a New User account -
Click on "Create New Family User" to get the create a new user pop-up.
There are three key points on the new user pop-up.
1. Decide if the new user should be a Supporter or a Contributor. Select the information icon for more details, but in general a Supporter can only view the student's record and a Contributor can provide inputs.
2. Select a relationship, which determines which category the new user is viewed on the Profile. Student's Family will include mother, father, sister, brother, stepmother, stepfather, stepsister, stepbrother and other-family. Students Connections will include coach, tutor, friend, teacher, consultant and other-connection.
3. Uncheck the registration box if you do NOT want the user to have a login to their GuidedPath account. If you leave this box checked, then an email will be sent to the new user with registration and access information.
When associating an existing family member account with the student -
You must have either the username or GuidedPath User ID of the existing account.
1. Go to the other student's profile to find the existing Parent account to look up their username or ID.
2. Enter the username or ID of the existing account and then click "Associate Existing Family User".
Now the parent will be able to see multiple students from within their one account.